Antony Micallef

A friend told me about this artist not too long ago and I got curious so I began to look him up. His mix of political imagery fused with contemporary expressionism create something original and straight to the point he is trying to make, some more intense than others, which makes his work more respectable on his views.

Face.


This piece named 'Face' caught my eye while I was browsing through his work, I just love the different textures and brush strokes he used to create such an abstract piece of art.

Parasite.


This piece made me look twice when I saw it as an icon. This Exhibited at the Royal Academy in London (Burlington Gardens entrance) until Jan 19 2009. I have to say its in your face a little but I like it, like from a distance or small it looks like a moth/butterfly but when you look closer you see a lot of bodies of children forming the shape.

Check out his Websites antonymicallef.com just click on one of the three pictures to enter the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment